Saturday, March 14, 2009

Aida's Birthday/Cumpleanos de Aida




March 14, 2009

Today the nurse wanted Marcos to look to his left during the kangaroo care, something he didn’t like as he enjoys looking the other way. For the first 15 minutes I had to keep a gentle pressure on his head to keep him from flipping his head to look the other way. I can’t believe how strong he is. In the end, he finally got used to it, and an hour later I rewarded him with a switch to the other side. As Aida was still feeling a bit of a sore throat, I got to do the double shift on the kangaroo care.

We also celebrated Aida’s birthday with some friends today which was special.

Hoy la enfermera quiso que Marcos mirara hacia su izquierda, mientras estábamos en la terapia de canguro, algo que al parecer a él no le agrado mucho, ya que le gusta mirar hacia el otro lado. Por los primeros 15 minutos yo tuve sostenida su cabecita contra mi pecho con el fin de evitar que él la volteara. No puedo creer lo fuerte que es. Al final se acostumbró y después de una hora yo lo premie moviendo su cabecita hacia el otro lado. Como Aída aun se siente un poco mal con su garganta, yo tuve la oportunidad de hacer canguro con Marcos 2 veces, nuevamente.

También celebramos el cumpleaños de Aída, con algunos amigos que vinieron a la casa, eso fue especial para nosotros.

No comments:

Post a Comment