
ENGLISH
Yours truly changed his first diaper…ever! I have been waiting for years to do this! See the video if you like. The nurse was quite concerned about a fountain bursting forth from between those energetic legs, and I was focusing on somehow not hurting Marcos. All in all, the adventure went quite well for Dad and son, although there is lots of room for improvement.
There was also another first this evening. Aida finally got her learner’s license today and I was the co-pilot as she drove from the apartment to the hospital. She handled the car beautifully, especially leaving the underground parking that had never been so busy. I had to keep reminding myself that she drove in Bogota, a city of 9 million people with traffic that makes Pembina Highway look like a rural country road. But, I still had my hand on the emergency brake…just in case!
ESPANOL
¡Realmente esta fue mi primera vez cambiando un pañal! ¡Había estado esperando esta ocasión por años! Pueden ver el video si les interesa. La enfermera estaba algo preocupada de que Marcos fuera a sacar un chorro volando en medio de sus piernas llenas de energía y yo estaba más preocupado en no lastimarlo a él. Después de todo, la aventura resultó bastante bien para padre e hijo, aunque aun hay mucho por aprender en estas lides.
Fue una noche de primeras veces. Aída por fin consiguió su licencia de aprendizaje hoy día y yo fue el copiloto para el viaje al hospital del apartamento. Ella manejo bastante bien, especialmente al salir del parqueadero, que no había estado tan ocupado como esta noche. Tengo que estarme recordando que ella manejo en Bogota, una ciudad de 9 millones de habitantes donde el trafico de la Avenida Pembina (una de las rutas mas ocupadas en Winnipeg) parece una calle de un pueblo. Aun así mantuve mi mano en le freno de emergencia, por si acaso.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment